Learn How to Better Keep Track of the Fixed Assets You Use to Run Your Organization Every Day
Tracking fixed assets is an important concern of every company, regardless of size. Fixed assets are defined as any ‘permanent’ object that a business uses internally including but not limited to computers, tools, software, or office equipment. Without an accurate method of keeping track of these assets it would be very easy for you to lose control of them.
If you’re like most companies, you probably started tracking your fixed assets in a spreadsheet years ago, when your company was much smaller and had far fewer fixed assets. And now, as the spreadsheets have grown in size and number, you face significant challenges to track the location, quantity, condition, maintenance and depreciation status of all these fixed assets.
At this point, many companies turn to fixed asset tracking software.
Fixed asset tracking software allows companies to track what assets it owns, where each is located, who has it, when it was checked out, when it is due for return, when it is scheduled for maintenance, and the cost and depreciation of each asset.
Fixed asset tracking software is often used to track both information about an asset for financial reporting purposes as well as the physical location of an asset.
What Is Sage Fixed Assets—Tracking?
Simply put, Sage Fixed Assets—Tracking makes keeping track of the items you use to run your organization a whole lot easier with automated inventory functionality and built-in reconciliation capabilities.
Sage Fixed Assets—Tracking utilizes easy-to-use “wizards” to walk you through every step of the inventory tracking process, helping to eliminate lost or stolen assets, reduce insurance and, if applicable, tax overpayments.
Using state-of-the-art barcode readers, you can conduct multiple inventories concurrently at multiple sites and reconcile data at one central location. And, since Sage Fixed Assets—Tracking comes with over 40 fully customizable fields, you can control data entry with notes and images to clearly describe each asset record.
Sage Fixed Assets—Tracking integrates seamlessly with Sage Fixed Assets—Depreciation, so your information is in a single database—eliminating double entry as well as ensuring your asset data is never out of sync due to departments not sharing information. Plus you can use Sage Fixed Assets—Tracking with Sage 100cloud, Sage 500, and Sage Enterprise Manager (formerly Sage X3).
What Does the On-Demand Webinar Cover?
View the on-demand webinar to learn how to:
- Reconcile the status of your assets—for example, missing, lost, or stolen goods—against the current asset ledger.
- Report on all the crucial information you need for keeping track of your fixed assets, including which have been transferred, inventory exceptions, and duplicate tags.
- Define security profiles for individual users to ensure only those allowed to change the data are able to.
- Check assets in and out to easily keep track of who has which item, receive alerts when checked out assets are overdue, and see the history associated with each asset.
- Utilize optional hand-held devices and barcode labels for easy tracking in any environment.
- Speed up the asset inventory process so you can conduct inventories more regularly to help ensure your tax liabilities and insurance are always up to date.
- Seamless integration with the entire family of Sage Fixed Assets management solutions including the ability to eliminate duplicate data entry by sharing the same database with Sage Fixed Assets—Depreciation.